The other day, I was inspired to get crackin’ on some of the organizational projects on my to-do list. I was over at a friend’s house and noticed a list of “clutter zones” typed and posted on her bulletin board. She had scratched a few of these areas off the list, noting that they had been DE-CLUTTERED. A bit of a list-junkie myself (see here and here)… I came home and created a very similar (and I might add… much longer) list of Clutter Zones. Where did I start? The ever-so-necessary “junk” drawer. Everyone has one. Everyone needs one. But it CAN be organized. The real question is… Will it stay organized?
I thought it might be fun to share some of the most interesting finds… even some treasures… buried deep in the depths of the junk!
- Tiny tape measure
- Macy’s magnifying ruler + name tag
- Single-serve Green Vibrance packet
- Bowl of miscellaneous buttons
- Bowl of Keys (no clue what most of them unlock)
- 2 sets of headphones
- Tiny fingernail scissors
- Origins Peace-of-Mind Headache relief cream
- Postcard stamps
- 6 mini hand sanitizer bottles from Bath & Body Works
- An extra iphone charger
- Rayban Wayfarers
- Meddlesome Moth Coaster with 2012 New Years Resolutions + Predictions from NYE dinner with friends hand-written on back.
- 3 pair of scissors
- Photobooth pics from a wedding in 2011
- Deck of Texas playing cards
- Emily’s graduation picture
- Tide to-go stick
- Quick Grip
- Extra car keys (including keys to my Jeep Liberty that we sold over a year ago)
- Various pens, sharpies, notepads and rubber bands.
- Old business cards
- 2 claritin redi-tabs
- Miscellaneous left over gift cards (those pesky ones that have $3.12 on them)
- A $100 gift certificate to Bass Performance Hall
- Some box tops for education
- An extra digital camera battery
- A wine cork
- A magic rock from Brother Gorham
And there it is… the finished product. All organized.
I think I’ll tackle the junk in the trunk of my car next. Somehow I doubt that will be blog-worthy.
Where are your clutter zones?
Featured Image Here